Lifetime Care Management from Good Shepherd
Good Shepherd’s Independence Solutions Program is an outpatient service aimed at helping aging adults or people with disabilities live safely and independently in their own homes as long as possible.
Independence Solutions is a comprehensive program designed to increase safety for people with special needs. A customized program is tailored to participants, the goal of which is to allow you to live independently at home without needing to enter a nursing home or assisted living facility.
For your family members, the Independence Solutions Program offers peace of mind. While aging parents are living alone at home, children can be free to work and travel, confident that their parents are being closely monitored and provided innovative technology for their safety. And your family members will be alerted promptly if you fall, are not responsive or are otherwise injured or incapacitated. A thorough intake assessment is performed on all clients to determine your individual needs and requirements.
Services available through Independence Solutions include:
- An examination by a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation
- A balance evaluation is performed by a certified physical therapist to determine your risk of falling.
- A complete home evaluation is done by a certified occupational therapist, who provides recommendations of equipment and technology to improve access and safety in your home.
- You will be paired with a care manager, who meets with and assists you in connecting with appropriate community services.
- Personal assistance is provided to arrange for set-up of a personal emergency response system. The system includes a device to help you alert a central station at the push of a button if you need medical assistance.
- A summarized report for you and your family highlighting evaluation results and recommendations will be provided, where appropriate.
- Follow-up discussions with a care manager are held on a periodic basis to monitor progress and ensure program success.
Why you should choose Independence Solutions:
- A professional team approach to providing a thorough evaluation and customized needs analysis.
- The attention and personal guidance of a Good Shepherd care manager.
- Personal emergency response and motion sensor systems provide optimal safety.
- The ability to maintain independence in the comfort of your home.
Paying for the program:
Much of the Independence Solutions services may be covered by insurance. Co-pays apply and vary depending on insurance coverage. For more information on the program, and to discuss the out-of-pocket expenses that you may expect after enrolling, please call Good Shepherd’s Care Management Department at 610-776-3256.
Good Shepherd will assist you in completing a special enrollment form to begin the application process. If indicated and warranted by your medical needs, a Good Shepherd physician will perform a comprehensive physical examination and will recommend a customized evaluation. If the evaluation indicates a need for additional therapy services, you may be offered the opportunity to enroll in a specific therapy program.
For more information on the Good Shepherd’s Independence Solutions Program, contact us, call 610-776-3256 or Request an Appointment.