Inpatient Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Good Shepherd offers inpatient orthopedic rehabilitation at four eastern Pennsylvania locations, where you will receive three hours of physical and occupational therapy each day.
A team of specialists, which is directed and monitored by a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation, will work with you and your family to develop goals and an individualized treatment plan to reach them. Throughout your stay, you will meet regularly with the treatment team to assess your progress.
Good Shepherd’s Orthopedic Rehabilitation Program inpatient outcomes compare favorably with similar rehabilitation facilities in the region or nation.
Good Shepherd’s Inpatient Orthopedic Rehabilitation Program features:
- A caring, attentive and expert staff
- A team approach to evaluation and treatment
- Access to state-of-the-art therapy and rehabilitation technology
- Conferences and education for you and your family
- Personal treatment plans based on your needs
- Professional case management and discharge planning
Your care team at Good Shepherd includes:
- Hand specialists to evaluate and treat issues with grip, strength and fine motor deficits
- Nurses specializing in rehabilitation
- Occupational therapists to help you handle daily activities
- Physicians specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Physical therapists to increase your flexibility, strength and mobility
- Psychologists to provide insight into your condition and help promote your transition to independence
- Recreational therapists to increase your physical and cognitive skills through leisure activities
- Social workers to act as family liaison and coordinate community service referrals
Rehabilitation equipment and modalities available:
- Stationary bicycles, StairMasters, ergometers, Total Gym equipment, free weights, treadmills, Cardioglides
- Iontophoresis, TENS, electric stimulation, and thermal agents
- Manual lymph drainage/comprehensive decongestive therapy
- Manual therapy, mobilization
For more information on the Good Shepherd Orthopedic Rehabilitation Program, contact us, call 610-776-3100 or Request an Appointment.