Darryl Goode's Story of Triumph
Running time: 08:19
The expert clinicians in Good Shepherd’s Neurorehabilitation Program are here to help you regain your function and independence following stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury or any other neurological event.
Levels of care:
- If you are stable and ready to leave an acute-care hospital, but are not well enough to go home or to a rehabilitation hospital, our long-term acute care hospital may be appropriate for you.
- Adults in Good Shepherd’s four inpatient rehabilitation locations receive three hours of physician-guided physical, speech or occupational therapy each day.
- Children with Neurological issues can benefit from Good Shepherd's Outpatient Pediatrics Program and Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Hospital Pediatric Unit.
- Good Shepherd’s outpatient Neurorehabilitation program is here to continue your progress and help you maintain your function.
- If you can't make it to one of Good Shepherd's outpatient locations, we provide in-home therapy services throughout our service area.
- Many of Good Shepherd’s wellness programs, including fitness opportunities, home modification and more, are appropriate for individuals with neurological injuries or conditions and their families.
Neurorehabilitation Program highlights:
- Good Shepherd’s Speech and Communication Program offers comprehensive services to help you regain and maintain your communication skills.
- Good Shepherd’s Balance and Vestibular Rehabilitation services will help you regain your footing after a neurological injury or event.
- Physical therapy is available to help strengthen your muscles, improve your range of motion and get you moving again.
- Occupational therapy can help with activities of daily living, such as dressing and feeding yourself, writing, shopping and banking, toileting, or transferring to a bed, toilet or tub.
- Vision therapy assists those experiencing problems related to neurological vision deficiencies, including: poor balance, double vision, limitations in the field of vision, difficulty with reading, learning, memory, driving and navigating the environment.
- Nursing services are available to assess you and work with you and your family on education regarding bowel and bladder management, medication and wound and skin management.
- Care management services are available to assess your needs, connect you with vital community services and help to coordinate and manage continuity of care.
Rehabilitation technology for neurorehabilitation:
Good Shepherd is a Center of Excellence in the use of technology to enhance lives and augment rehabilitation. At Good Shepherd, our team uses leading-edge rehabilitation technology, coupled with expert hands-on therapy, to help maximize function and increase independence in our patients. Learn more about the technologies available at Good Shepherd.
At Good Shepherd, clinical neuropsychologists provide evaluations and treatment in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. Clinical neuropsychologists are licensed psychologists with expertise in how behavior and skills relate to brain structures and systems. Neuropsychological evaluations are specialized testing procedures to help understand how the brain is working in order to help with treatment planning. The evaluations assess intellect, executive skills, attention and concentration, memory, language, visual spatial skills, and motor and sensory skills. Mood an personality are also assessed.
Neurorehabilitation is appropriate following:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Other neurological injuries or events. Click here for a complete list of conditions treated.