Spine and Joint Center
Spine and joint pain can be frustrating and depressing. Thankfully, most spine and joint pain can be treated non-operatively through evidence-based methods, including interventional spinal injections and physical therapy.
If you have spine and joint pain, the Spine & Joint Center at Good Shepherd can help. Following an evaluation by a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation, our team will develop a rehabilitation program that meets your unique needs. The goal is to ease your pain and get you back into life with maximum function as quickly as possible.
Non-operative services available at the Spine & Joint Center:
- Spinal injections in a state-of-the-art fluoroscopy suite with C-arm equipment.
- Imaging services at the Good Shepherd Diagnostic Imaging Center (X-ray, CT and MRI scan)
- Expert physical therapy
- Podiatry services, offering medical and surgical treatment of foot and ankle injuries or conditions.
Non-operative diagnostic and therapeutic interventions include:
- Injection for bursitis and tendinopathy
- Epidural injection
- Facet joint/dorsal medial nerve blocks
- Selective nerve root injection
- Sacroiliac joint injection
- Carpal tunnel injection
- Joint injection (hip/knee/shoulder)
- Trigger point injections
- Electrodiagnostic studies (EMGs)
- Hyaluronic injections
The Spine & Joint Center at Good Shepherd treats a variety of common neck, back, joint and other musculoskeletal pain disorders including work, recreational and sports injuries. Common disorders evaluated and treated at The Spine & Joint Center include:
- Joint pain (shoulder/hips/knees)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Biceps tendinopathy
- Adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder)
- Arthritis of thumb (carpometacarpal joint)
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Rotator cuff tendinopathy
- Muscle injuries/muscle pain
- Nerve entrapment
- Greater trochanteric bursitis
- De Querrain’s tenosynovitis
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Discogenic pain
- Herniated disc disease
- Facet joint pain
- Sacroiliac joint pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
Good Shepherd Health & Technology Center
Good Shepherd Plaza
850 South 5th St.
Allentown, PA 18103
Physician appointments are also available at:
Good Shepherd Physical Therapy - Bethlehem
800 Eaton Ave.
Bethlehem, PA 18018